This half-day class will show you how simple it is to add your own fabrics and panels to EQ8. Learn how to import fabrics, straighten, scale, crop, and add the fabrics to your Favorites library! Discover the differences between fabrics and panels and how to edit them for your design.
Using photos in your quilt is very similar to how you would use fabrics. Learn the difference between photos and fabrics, import photos for use in a photo quilt, and discover new ways to use photos that you may not have even imagined.
Note: This class was offered at previous EQ Academy workshops and will cover the same material.
- Use provided fabric scans to learn the process of importing, rotating, and cropping to the repeat
- Learn about fabric scale to make sure your fabrics look the same in your virtual quilt as they do in your sewn quilt
- Set fabrics into quilts and learn how to rotate and fussy cut the fabrics within the patches and borders
- Discuss the steps (and caveats) for taking photos of fabrics with your camera
- Import fabrics into EQ8 from fabric manufacturer websites
- Save fabric images or photos from the web for use in EQ8
- Download and install fabric libraries from Electric Quilt and Do You EQ websites
- Create My Favorite Libraries to save your fabrics for use in all EQ8 projects
Who Should Take this Course
- Students who have taken an EQ8 beginner course, whether at EQ Academy or another venue
- Students who are interested in importing their own fabrics for use in EQ8
- Students who are interested in using photos in their quilts
- Students who are capable of navigating to and from the My EQ8 folder and the Downloads folder on their computers (moving files — copying/pasting — between these two directories is repeated often)
- Handouts that include steps to repeat at home, plus resources for downloading fabrics from several different manufacturers’ websites
- Classroom assistance from EQ staff