March 16, 2020 – 9:00am
After much consideration (and because of the CDC’s recommendation posted yesterday), we have decided to cancel EQ Academy scheduled for April 2-5, 2020. We want to protect against any unintentional spread of COVID-19. We agree that distancing is simply the most effective way to keep us all healthy and it takes ALL of our participation.
- All currently enrolled students will be issued a full refund by Friday, March 20, 2020.
- Refunds will be issued to the credit card initially charged. Please contact our office if a prepaid gift card was used. (800-356-4219 or CustomerService@ElectricQuilt.com)
- Refunds typically appear on credit card statements in 2-3 business days.
- Fall EQ Academy is scheduled for October 1-3, 2020. (Enrollment will open in late June or early July.) Follow us on social media and watch your email for updates. We want to stay in touch with you!
If you’re quarantined at home, then there is no better activity than quilting! Dig into your fabric stash. Design a “quarantine quilt.” Learn something new using EQ8–we have many lessons and videos on our support website and blog. Most importantly, be a force of calm for your family.
Wishing you good health always,
The EQ Team
March 12, 2020 – 11:30am
In response to many questions regarding EQ Academy and the Coronavirus, we have created this page to inform you on the current status and to keep you updated in the days ahead.
As of today, EQ Academy will be held on April 2-5, 2020 as planned.
Based on concerns of Coronavirus, we will issue a FULL REFUND on all classes up through April 1. If you would like to request a refund, please contact our office via email or call 419-352-1134 between 9:00am-4:30pm EDT. Refunds will be processed within 1-2 business days from the request. Refunds typically appear on credit card statements in 2-3 business days.
Please know that YOU are the best advocate for YOUR personal health. It is your decision to attend EQ Academy. We would love to see you. We would understand any decision you make to cancel due to the risks of travel, public places, or financial loss.
Some things to consider in making your decision:
- The Bowling Green State University facility (where classes are held) is not located on the main campus. This building is typically used for graduate classes and business conferences. The director of the facility has assured us that it is “business as usual” and that cleaning procedures will be increased during any scheduled event.
- We will have disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer available in every classroom.
- Currently, the expected total enrollment is approximately 80 students and 9 EQ team members. There are no other events in the facility during that weekend.
- The classrooms will seat 36 students but we limit class size to 24 students per room.
- Even though we have had attendees cancel, we continue to receive new registrations.
- With that said, EQ reserves the right to cancel this event, or an individual class, due to low enrollment or other circumstances which would make the event non-viable. Students will be notified by email, and any changes will appear on this page.
The EQ team is super excited about this Academy! Early enrollment was the highest in our history. We would be as disappointed as you if the event had to be cancelled.
Any comments, questions or concerns should be directed to our Customer Service team.
EQ Academy Event Cancellation Policy
The Electric Quilt Company (EQ) reserves the right to cancel this event, or an individual class, due to low enrollment or other circumstances which would make the event non-viable.
If EQ cancels the event or class, students will be given a full refund.