Updated July 13, 2021
EQ’s COVID protocols for mask-wearing and social-distancing will be based on the current (and often changing) CDC recommendations, State of Ohio recommendations, and BGSU building recommendations. We will follow the most-strict version of these policies. We have decided to not require vaccinations of attendees. We do require flexibility regarding mask wearing and social distancing so that everyone, including our staff and teachers, feel comfortable and safe at all times during EQA classes. If you are uncomfortable wearing a mask for long periods of time, or if you are uncomfortable being indoors with unmasked people, then we ask that you not enroll for this year’s EQA. We look forward to seeing you at a future EQ Academy.
Our COVID-19 precautions and requirements for attending may be changed up until a week before the first day of EQ Academy. Continue to check back on this page for updates. For enrolled students, updates will be posted in the EQA forum (with email notifications). We will provide full refunds to students up until Sunday, September 5, 2021 for those who are not comfortable with attending based on the current state of the pandemic and/or our updated COVID-19 requirements.
- We will follow the recommendations of the CDC, the State of Ohio, and BGSU and may adjust the following requirements before the event. Final COVID-19 event requirements regarding masks and social distancing will be put in place the week prior to the first day of EQ Academy.
- We are not requiring attendees to be vaccinated.
- (Updated 7/13/21): Students who are fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine are not required to wear masks but are welcome to wear them. Unvaccinated students are required to wear masks in all areas of the building.
- (Updated 7/13/21): Social distancing is encouraged, when possible.
- Do not arrive more than 30 minutes early to class. Doors will be locked to allow for cleaning and setup.
- Sanitation station is available in each room. Please wash your hands and sanitize often.
- (Updated 7/13/21):
One student per table in most classrooms. Only sit in designated seats for students.
- (Updated 7/13/21): Students should not sit closely to another student during class. Please leave as much space as possible.
- Boxed lunches, beverages, and snacks will be stored and distributed with care. Instructions for obtaining these items will be announced.
- Merchandise will be available for purchase. Instructions for shopping will be announced.
- Plexiglass shields will be in the front of each classroom for instructor to stand behind as well as at the reception desk for check-in.
- Touchless temperature taker will be available in the lobby if you’d like to use it.
- Classrooms, break room, and lobby will be cleaned before/after every class.
- If you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, do not come to this event. Contact EQ to cancel. See cancellation policy here. If you become ill during the event, please let one of the staff members know immediately and leave the premises.
Again, our COVID-19 requirements will be posted prior to the event. If you fail to adhere to our requirements, you will be asked to leave EQ Academy. The safety of our students, teachers, and staff is our top priority.
In order to enroll in an EQ Academy class, each student must agree to our COVID-19 requirements. You’ll see this during checkout. Your enrollment will not be processed without your agreement.
If you cannot comply with these safety precautions, DO NOT ENROLL in this session. We look forward to seeing you at a future EQ Academy.