S2019 - Advanced Skill Building in EQ8
An Advanced student can handle fast-paced instruction, is able to move among the EQ8 worktables with ease, is ready to learn the more complex design techniques, and is comfortable with the general uses of his/her computer. These students should have taken previous EQ Academy intermediate classes (or have taken similar classes at other venues). Advanced classes are not for beginners. We would not want you to fall behind.
Push EQ8 to its limits! Longtime EQ guru, Barb Vlack, takes you on an exciting journey through EQ8′s more advanced features in this full-day course. Take what you’ve learned in your previous courses and expand that knowledge into advanced skills and techniques.
In this full-day class, you will spend time on all three worktables in EQ8, learn to think outside the box, and manipulate the program’s settings to design quilts beyond your dreams. Bring questions to class about features that have stumped you in EQ8, and if time permits, you’ll learn even more!
This class is only for those who can handle fast-paced instruction, and have taken previous EQ Academy intermediate classes (or who have taken similar classes at other venues). This is not a class for beginners. We would not want you to fall behind.
- Create custom quilt designs using non-square blocks
- Draw hexagons and 60-degree triangles
- Learn how to analyze an existing quilt design from a photo to create in EQ8 for modifications
- How to design bargello quilts in EQ8 using a vertical strip layout
- Creating virtual borders on Layer 2
- and MUCH more!
Who Should Take this Course
- Students who have completed the Exploring Intermediate Techniques in EQ8 class at the Fall 2018 or Spring 2019 EQ Academy, or who have completed a similar intermediate class at a different venue.
- Intermediate-level students with EQ8 knowledge in creating quilts and basic drawing.
- This class is not for beginners.
- Take-home handouts.
- Complete instructions for finding EQ8 help: When to get it? Where to go?
- Classroom assistance from EQ staff.