The more you use EQ8, the more fun it is to discover new and interesting methods for block drawing and quilt designing! Learn tips and tricks to make EQ8 do more than the obvious. Create an isometric grid in PolyDraw to draw hexagon-motif (free-standing) blocks. Draw a custom set quilt layout from the EasyDraw Block Worktable. Learn to design an irregular-shaped quilt – round or angular! Explore the Layout Library to see how to resize, edit, and customize existing layouts. Create a quilt design with 60-degree pieced triangles in the Variable Point layout. Bend the “rules” for merging blocks with the Serendipity tool. Practice analyzing existing quilt patterns for structure identification and design inspiration. Make EQ8 your favorite video game!
- Creating isometric grids for drawing hexagon blocks
- Use a quick EQ8 feature for turning a block into a custom-quilt layout
- Design irregular-shaped quilts
- Explore the Variable Point layout and 60 degree triangles
- Learn to analyze existing quilt patterns to identify structure
- and more!
Who Should Take this Course
- Students who have completed the two-day Getting Started with EQ8 class at EQ Academy or who have completed an EQ8 beginner class at a different venue.
- Intermediate-level students with EQ8 knowledge in creating quilts and basic drawing.
- Students who want to create and design quilts along-side other like-minded students in a creative, sharing and collaborative environment.
- Handouts for creating the designs created in class.
- Classroom assistance from EQ staff.