Having basic knowledge of how to draw pieced and applique blocks in EQ8 will take your designs further than ever! This half-day class will teach the fundamentals of pieced-block drawing using the EasyDraw tools to create simple, yet unique designs. Dive into a CAD-like drawing style with the PolyDraw tools for an alternate way to draw pieced blocks. Use presets and shapes to create gorgeous appliques while learning to manipulate the shapes to make them your own.
Once you’ve mastered the basics of drawing, you’ll learn how to create blocks without drawing at all! Use the fun Serendipity tools to turn a block into something new! You’ll leave this class with blocks perfect for your next sampler quilt.
- Start with simple, grid-based blocks using the EasyDraw tools
- Understand how to set up the drawing board snap settings
- Use the PolyDraw grids and tools to draw pieced blocks patch-by-patch rather than dissecting the block at the seams
- Learn the difference between Applique Block and Applique Motif
- Draw simple applique using preset shapes and auto-draw features
- Use the Edit tool to reshape patches
- Check out the Serendipity tools to create new blocks without drawing
- Collect, view, and name your newly drawn blocks in the Project Sketchbook
- Set blocks into a quilt layout
Who Should Take this Course
- Students with basic EQ8 knowledge
- Students who are interested in a general overview of block drawing and editing
- Handouts for all the designs created in class
- Classroom assistance from EQ staff