The art of applique can add depth and dimension to any project – your quilts, your crafts, even your clothing. And it’s fun! And what is even more fun is that applique in EQ8 is SO easy. If you can drag your mouse, then you can create an applique patch in EQ8!
This half-day class will teach you how to clone, rotate, and manipulate pre-defined shapes to create petals, teardrops, leaves, circles, stems, hearts, diamonds, stars… the list goes on and on. Learn to use the Wreathmaker, StarMaker, PosieMaker, StencilMaker, and more.
You’ll also expand your drawing skills as you learn to draw with the Bezier and Freehand tools to create applique from scratch or by tracing a photograph. Learn to manipulate curves by adding and deleting nodes and reshaping the line segments between two nodes. You’ll examine how nodes are controlled, plus much more as you create realistic applique designs.
- Move, resize, rotate, flip, clone, and stack patches using the Shapes tool
- Create dozens of applique blocks with the 20 pre-defined shapes in EQ8
- Learn the difference between blocks and motifs in EQ8 and how to use them
- Combine existing patches from Library blocks to create new blocks
- Use the Bezier tool and Freehand tool to create smooth curves
- Edit node properties allowing for more natural and intricate shapes
- Import images for tracing
- Learn tips and tricks for tracing images
Who Should Take this Course
- Students with basic EQ8 knowledge
- Students who are interested in creating their own applique block designs and using them in quilts
- Handouts for all the designs created in class
- Classroom assistance from EQ staff