Drawing Blocks in EQ8
An intermediate student has used EQ8 software enough where he/she has a good grasp of the basic tools, knows how to navigate among the worktables, and understands how to add items to and retrieve items from the Project Sketchbook and libraries. Students should know how to navigate to their My EQ8 folder and their Downloads folder on their computers.
This half-day class will provide you with the fundamental skills to draw both pieced and applique blocks in EQ8. You’ll draw blocks from scratch, as well as learn to edit existing blocks from the library.
The EasyDraw portion of the class will focus on grid-based blocks and how to set up the worktable and snap settings for successful drawing. PolyDraw will cover the basics of the CAD-drawing style and making the most of the specialized grids.
The Applique portion will concentrate on using the Shapes tool to draw pre-defined shapes to create fun and unique applique designs. You’ll also use the new StarMaker and PosieMaker tools, as well as Wreathmaker.
- Learn how to find the block’s grid.
- Set up block dimensions and snaps based on the grid.
- Learn which drawing style (EasyDraw or PolyDraw) is appropriate for the pieced block you want to create.
- Edit blocks from the library.
- Determine appropriate sizes for blocks to make them easier to sew.
- Block vs. Motif for applique designs.
- Print patterns for the blocks.
Who Should Take this Course
- Confident beginner- to intermediate-level students with basic EQ8 knowledge.
- Students who want to design pieced and applique blocks along-side other like-minded students in a creative, sharing and collaborative environment.
- Small class size for optimal learning experience. 16 maximum students per class.
- Handouts for all the designs created in class.
- Classroom assistance from EQ staff.