So many pieced blocks, so little time! In this half-day class you’ll learn how to use the two pieced-drawing styles in EQ8—EasyDraw and PolyDraw—to create your own block designs.
Working in EasyDraw is like drawing with paper and pencil. You’ll learn the “rules” of EasyDraw and how to properly set up your workspace and snap settings for successful drawing. Discover how determining a block’s grid will help you draw it AND what sizes will be easiest to sew when you print the patterns.
PolyDraw blocks are drawn patch-by-patch. Learn how to use the specialized grids to their full potential and how fun it is to fill in a block using the clone-and-rotate method.
Not only will you be drawing blocks from scratch, but you’ll also learn how to edit existing blocks from the library. The block possibilities will be endless when you’ve completed this class!
- Learn how to find the block’s grid
- Set up block dimensions and snaps based on the grid
- Learn which drawing style (EasyDraw or PolyDraw) is appropriate for the block you want to create
- Edit blocks from the library
- Determine appropriate sizes for blocks to make them easier to sew
- Print patterns for the blocks
Who Should Take this Course
- Students with basic EQ8 knowledge
- Students who are interested in creating their own pieced block designs and using them in quilts
- Handouts for all the designs created in class
- Classroom assistance from EQ staff