It’s easy to draw a pieced block with EasyDraw! See how to identify the basic grids used to draw many blocks, then draw your own blocks or edit blocks from the EQ8 Block Library. Use the Serendipity tools to merge, tilt, frame, shrink, clip and flip, or create kaleidoscopes or stars from drawn blocks. Drawing a New York Beauty block has never been easier! Archive your block drawings in My Favorites Block Library along with Notecard documentation. With PolyDraw, learn to draw easy and accurate 8-point star, kaleidoscope and Dresden plate blocks.
Note: Techniques for drawing foundation-pieced blocks (paper piecing) will be taught in the “Drawing Foundation-Pieced Blocks” class.
- Learn how to find the block’s grid.
- Set up block dimensions and snaps based on the grid.
- Learn which drawing style (EasyDraw or PolyDraw) is appropriate for the block you want to create.
- Edit blocks from the library.
- Determine appropriate sizes for blocks to make them easier to sew.
- Discuss the different printing styles for the blocks.
Who Should Take this Course
- Beginner- to intermediate-level students with basic EQ8 knowledge.
- Students who are interested in creating their own pieced block designs and using them in quilts.
- Handouts for the designs created in class.
- Classroom assistance from EQ staff