Draw your own foundation-pieced (aka paper-pieced) designs in EQ8! Using EasyDraw tools, you’ll learn to draw a foundation-pieced block using a photograph as inspiration. The beauty of foundation piecing is that you don’t have to be concerned with creating patches that can be cut with a rotary cutter and ruler, so you can draw detailed blocks with irregular-shaped pieces.
In this half-day class, you’ll learn to section off a photo into sew-able foundation units. Then add detail to each section to create a precise foundation pattern. You’ll understand when to use the different snap settings and how to manipulate the drawing with the Edit tool. Then you’ll create a sew-able pattern by sectioning and numbering the block before printing.
Note: This class was offered at previous EQ Academy workshops and will cover the same material.
- Setting up the EasyDraw worktable for drawing success
- Using the snap settings during different stages of block drawing
- Pick tool vs. Edit tool when editing a drawing
- Using the Image Worktable to edit photos for tracing
- Sectioning and Numbering the pattern before printing
Who Should Take this Course
- Students with experience drawing blocks in EQ8
- Knowledge of how to sew a foundation-pieced block highly recommended
- Handouts for all the designs created in class
- Classroom assistance from EQ staff