Are you new to EQ8? Have you owned earlier versions but just didn’t use the software? This class is perfect for beginner EQ8 users needing the full-EQ experience. Take an in-depth tour through the software to get a better understanding of the three worktables, the Project Sketchbook, and how to navigate the entire workspace so you can design your own beautiful blocks and quilts!
Join us for this two-day course and learn the tools for basic quilt designing. Edit blocks from the EQ Block Library to make them work for your quilt. Add borders of different widths and styles. Discover one of the many ways to expand your EQ8 software by adding more fabric. Study the many pattern-printing options available and learn how to find yardage estimates.
The best way to learn is by doing. You will learn so much as you practice and repeat steps, and it will never get boring because you’re creating beautiful quilts and blocks along the way! As your skills improve, you’ll no longer need step-by-step help. You will take home the skills and confidence to work independently in EQ8.
This is a 2-day class. Enrolling in this class requires that you attend both days.
Note: This class was offered at previous EQ Academy workshops and will cover similar material.
- Understanding EQ8 project files and the Project Sketchbook
- Navigating the Quilt, Block, and Image Worktables
- Creating Horizontal and On-point quilts
- Working with and understanding EQ8’s quilt layers
- Creating perfect borders with a click of the mouse
- Printing quilt images and fabric estimates
- Pattern printing: templates, rotary cutting charts, foundation patterns
- Drawing simple pieced and applique blocks from scratch
- Searching the Block Library
- Editing blocks from the Block Library
- Searching the Fabric Library
- Adding new fabric to the Fabric Library
Who Should Take this Course
- Students with little or no experience using EQ8 who want to learn the basics of the software before moving on to more topic-based classes
- Students who need a lot of repetition and who work at a slower pace
- Handouts complete with skill-building recipes for creating quilts designed in class, and extras for practice at home
- Classroom assistance from EQ staff