Using EQ8′s Image Worktable, learn to edit and transform photos (family pictures, vacation shots, scans of old t-shirts, etc.) to become key design elements of your next quilt. Explore various ways to incorporate images into quilt settings on your computer screen. Use color-matching tools and the latest fabric printing techniques.
Love panels? Learn the best ways for getting your panel print into EQ8 at the correct size, then get tips for designing perfect borders around your panel. Only need to use part of the panel? No problem! EQ’s photo tools allow you to use whichever part of your panel you need!
- Import photos at the proper size for your quilt and for EQ8
- Adjust colors of your photos to blend with your fabrics
- Use the Eyedropper tool to find colors within your photo to use in your borders and blocks
- Learn to crop and straighten panel prints for use in your design
Who Should Take this Course
- Students with basic EQ8 knowledge
- Students wanting to use photos (from everyday photos to t-shirts designs) and/or panel images in their quilt designs
- Take-home handouts
- Classroom assistance from EQ staff