Step outside of the box by trying EQ quilt layouts you have yet to discover! In this class you’ll learn tricks for each layout style and be inspired by the different quilt designs created with each. Layouts to be covered include horizontal, on-point, variable point, baby blocks, variable blocks, horizontal strip, vertical strip, and one patch.
We will not be covering the Photo Patchwork or the Custom Set layouts. If you want to learn custom set it would be better to take the Break Free from the Grid class where you will work exclusively with this layout option.
- Discover the unique properties of each of the layout types
- Understand which tools work with each of the layouts
- Explore the differences between similar layouts (baby blocks vs. variable blocks) with emphasis on how these blocks are measured (edge vs. point-to-point diagonally)
- Explore the layout library and the options available
- Creating layouts with the one-patch feature
- Coloring tools that work to easily create special layout features
- Randomize tool and show to change the look of the layouts you create
- Printing yardage and blocks
Who Should Take this Course
- Students with intermediate EQ8 knowledge
- Students who want to be inspired by the possibilities of non-standard layouts
- Downloadable handouts provided by the teacher for at-home reference
- Classroom assistance from EQ staff