Designing Panel & Photo Quilts in EQ8
A beginner student would be someone who is very new to using EQ8 software. Some beginners have never opened the software, while others have just dabbled. Beginner classes will be taught as if the students are all starting from scratch with EQ8. These slower-paced classes will help all students keep up with the lessons. Steps and terminology will be repeated often to help students connect concepts and skills together.
Using EQ8′s Image Worktable, learn to edit and transform photos to become key design elements of your next quilt. Explore various ways to incorporate images into quilt settings on your computer screen. Use color matching tools and the latest fabric printing techniques.
Love panels? Learn the best ways for getting your panel print into EQ8 at the correct size, then get tips for designing perfect borders around your panel. Only need to use part of the panel? No problem! EQ’s photo tools allow you to use whichever part of your panel you need!
- Import photos at the proper size for your quilt and for EQ8.
- Adjust colors of your photos to blend with your fabrics.
- Use the Eyedropper tool to find colors within your photo to use in your borders and blocks.
- Learn to crop and straighten panel prints for use in your design.
Who Should Take this Course
- Confident beginner-level students with basic EQ8 knowledge.
- Students wanting to use photos and/or panel images in their quilt designs.
- Take-home handouts.
- Complete instructions for finding EQ8 help: When to get it? Where to go?
- Classroom assistance from EQ staff.